Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chair CPR

My friend had these old metal chairs sitting in the yard of her hair salon....they sat there through the sun, rain, snow and ice for who knows how many years.

I would see these chairs and think....they could be fixed...they could be brought back to life!!

But I kept walking past them

Finally, one day, I said to my friend, I would love to fix your chairs....and she told me I could have them. (I would have been happy just to fix them for her but OK!!!)

So I brought them home and put them in my shed...where they sat for about a year.

The other day I decided to pull the chairs out of the shed and sand them down....

Here is the before shot of one of the chairs....


And so I sanded....and sanded....and sanded....and I removed most of the old paint and rust but couldn't get the chairs completely smooth so I said what the heck...this is good enought (plus my hands were begging for mercy!!)

So I painted them with primer and white rustoleum....


And then I went to the craft store and got some light and dark blue paint and painted a design on the chairs and sprayed them with a top coat of clear Rustoleum..

And Voila!!  Here are the finished chairs!!


Now all I need is a little table :)

Thanks for looking and have a fabulous weekend!!

XOXO
Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment