Sunday, April 29, 2012

"All Time Low" cake

My Morgan asked me if I would make a cake for her classmates 16th birthday party.  The party girl wanted a cake with her favorite band "All Time Low" as the theme so this is what I came up with...

My little figures all seem to start out as heads ..... these little guys are going to be the band members :)


And then I add the bodies. 


I know they aren't really realistic but I do try to add some of the characteristics of the person...


I should mention that I am NOT a sculpter!

And then I added some hair


They have to sit and harden so I make them a few days in advance.

The cake was pound cake with MMF
I hand painted the top layer, which actually looked really neat and I sprinkled on some black disco dust to add some sparkle.
I also hand painted on the All Time Low logo....nerve wracking (because what if I messed up!!!) but it turned out well.


The birthday girl loved her cake and I realized how much I've missed this hobby :)

Thanks for looking
Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment