Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wedding Cake

This Saturday we will be celebrating the recent wedding of my Uncle Pat to Lisa.
I have been asked to make the cake......
I haven't baked anything yet but wanted to share my (not completely finished) gumpaste/fondant figures that I've made for the cake!

These are my tools.....



To cover cakes I usually make marshmallow fondant but since no one will be eating these the pre-made stuff will do......
Mix one part fondant with one part gumpaste.....add coloring now if you wish....

Here is a pic of some of the colored stuff (like my sophisticated descriptions?)


Then I shaped the ball for the head and nose


I attached the nose with a bit of water and the had a landmark for where my eyes and mouth should be....


 Then I used my fondant tools to make eyes and mouth......( there are 3 extra heads you say? Well, you might see them soon.....on a baby shower cake!)





(NOTE: I realize I've skipped steps.... If you google "how to make gumpaste characters" you will see a youtube  link to guide you through this process better.....don't have the link handy.....maybe I can post it later)
I never know really what I am doing and am often surprise with the final figure....(this is only my 3rd attempt at making these things)......that is why i have no pics of making the rest of the bodies......sorry

Anyway.....TADA....announcing Mr & Mrs Patrick Dolan (minus their hands and feet....told  you they weren't done)

I think they are cute.......
Time to get ready for work....
Have a Blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment