Monday, December 6, 2010

Teacher Gift Idea #1

It's that time of year again when I have to think about what to give to those who teach my babies.  I am always looking for ideas that are easy and inexpensive but will be appreciated by the well deserving teachers. 
I thought I might share some of my past gifts.  This one gift was one that the teachers and secretaries loved!  It is a recipe that I got from cakecentral.com (of course) and was very easy to make and yummy.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound cake
Ingredients
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
    1/4 cup white sugar
    3 eggs
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 1/4 cups blueberries

Instructions

    1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees . Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
    2. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, cream cheese, oil and vanilla. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Stir in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
    3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
I baked my cakes in loaf pans.  One recipe makes 2 regular size loafs or 4 small loafs.  I think I checked it after about 30 minutes and in intervals thereafter to make sure it didn't burn. 

When the loaves were cool, I wrapped them in saran wrap (could probably use red for the holidays).  I then added a piece of school paper that young students use when learning to write their letters.  I wrote "You take the Cake" on the wrapper and then let the kids deliver them to their teachers.  I think I gave mine as end of school year gifts but these can easily be tailored to be Christmas gifts with some pretty wrapping paper and a bow or note.

Thanks for looking!

Love,
Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment