Saturday, February 4, 2012

Homemade Pancakes

In the past I've always made pancakes from a box mix....the easier the better.

But I found this recipe for homemade pancakes in my moms recipe box and I've been making these for the last few months.

They are fairly easy to make....

Some flour, egg, oil, sugar, baking powder and  a little bit of salt

then I add some vanilla to add extra yum

Mix it all up until moist....will still have some lumps and thats fine

Now I was suprised at how thick the batter is but it turns out fine..

So heat the frying pans and I usually keep the flame on medium

I melt some butter in the frying pans and then add the butter but if you want to lighten it up you can spray the pan with cooking spray.

They cook up really fluffy and yummy :)

Then of course you have to top it off with some maple syrup or whichever kind you like....and the options are endless....can add some chocolate chips, or blueberries, or small apple chunks to the batter....as I said, the options are endless.

So here's the recipe I batch yeilds about 6 pancakes (depending on how big you make them) so you can print it if you'd like

Homemade Pancakes
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup of milk
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)

Enjoy and XOXO

Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment