Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Birthday Girl...and Cake

OK...My baby girl is officially 14!!! 

How did that happen?  It seems like yesterday she was  running a round in a diaper.....her head full of unruly curls and loving on her thermal blanket animal......

Now she's a beautiful young lady  and I am so proud........but how did this happen so fast!?


She had a party and of course....I made the cake.....

I had a vision for this cake.....
Alice in Wonderland....3 tiers
The top tier would show Alice falling into the hole
The second tier would show the room with all of the doors
and the third tier would be Wonderland....with all of the wonderful creatures and characters....

Didn't happen that way......
In the end, after much struggle  (and after working a 12 hour shift.....and needing to go back to work in the morning.....)
This is how the cake turned out........


The top still represents Alice falling into the rabbit hole next to the Tim Burtonesque tree......

                                                    

The second Tier represents the Queen of Hearts.....




 And on the back of the third tier I had a Mad Hatter quote....


Here is the birthday girl with the cake......I wasn't thrilled with the final product (cake) but she liked it and it tasted great which is most important anyway right!?


Happy Birthday my first baby and only girl! I love you!!!


So.....oh forgot to say and am SUPER excited that I just got my Cake Pops book by Bakerella!!!!! Check out her site....she is awesome!!

Have a great day and thanks for looking!!!
Bronwyn



No comments:

Post a Comment