Friday, October 22, 2010

Pound Cake recipe.....YUM

I am, again, making a cake for this weekend.  This cake is for a 50th birthday party and I hope to post pics Saturday of the finished product.
As I sit here typing my house smells like baking pound cake....I think you can actually gain weight from the smell!
So I thought I would share my recipe.
This is the cake my mom (Alice) would bake for all of the party's......
So I named it after her even though I think someone gave her the recipe some 30 years ago ......

Alice's Pound Cake

Ingredients
3 cups sugar
2 sticks butter (softened)
1/2 cup shortening (I use the butter flavored Crisco)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
6 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup milk

Directions:
grease and flour cake pan.  Cream together sugar, butter, shortening and vanilla.  Add eggs one at a time until mixed well. Add flour and milk in 3rds and mix until batter is nice and creamy.  Place batter in prepared cake pan and stick it in cold oven (just don't preheat)......
Turn oven to 325 degrees and bake for 90 minutes or until cake passes the toothpick/fork test

This cake tastes awesome alone or you can frost it with any icing......I have been using the decorators cream cheese icing from the previous post. 

Hope you enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment