Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Camping at the Harpers Ferry KOA

When I was younger I went camping with my parents, with the youth group and was even privaledged enough to go on an Outward Bound trip.  But as I gotten older I haven't been camping and have never taken my kids camping.....so as part of our adventure to Harpers Ferry I booked a small cabin for us at the KOA.  I know this is cheating a little but I don't own a tent and really....wouldn't you rather sleep on a mattress than on the ground!?  And wouldn't you rather have air conditioning and a dead bolt on the door???
I would, at least for our first time out!  Oh AND it was only $30 more than the tent site....and I dont own a tent....oh, already said that!

So after we were finished exploring the Lower Town we checked in at the KOA...

Our cabin was small but all we needed....

There was even a nice swing on the porch to relax on.....we only sat on that momentarily because as soon as we unloaded the car we changed and went to the pool....

Then Drew got hungry so we dried off and changed and asked for directions to the nearest Cracker Barrel....I mean, if your gonna go camping you gotta go to Cracker Barrel right!?

When we came back from a delicious dinner, we played some Miniature Golf.  I of course won....Drew came in second....

I got a hole in one :)

Jake came in third and...

Gabe fourth.  We had a great time and it was fun to see the boys play putt putt.

We then went back to the campsite and I made a fire....

At first it smoked and smoldered but after I put in some twigs and used my fire making skills I had a first rate camp fire.  And we made some smores and told Ghost stories....not too scary though!

We had an awesome time and I am definitely gonna go back...soon!!

Check out their site for more information!!!

Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment