Monday, August 15, 2011

YUMMY!! Mexican Pasta Vegie Bake

I have signed up to participate in a Biggest Loser competition at work.....and I agreed to participate in the Baltimore Marathon as part of a relay team.  I used to run 3 miles a day in high school but now!!?? 
The shortest leg of the relay is a little over 5 miles...but that's also the hilliest!!  What was I thinking??  Thought it would be fun and it's sure to be memorable.

I went "running" yesterday and was able to do 1/4 mile without stopping......HA 

Well, everyone has to start somewhere.

I got off track a bit but because of the competition and my athlete in training status (hahaha) I have been looking through recipes....some I've had for a while but had never tried!

Like this yummy dish I made tonight.  It was SO good I wanted to share the recipe with all of my friends.

I originally got this recipe from the 3 fat chicks on a diet website.  I highly recommend you click the link, print the recipe and make this ASAP!!  Really....it's that good!!

Not a great photo but had to show you the cheesy topping
I used Natures Promise whole wheat rotini pasta added some cilantro....yum
salsa, corn, black beans and fat free cottage cheese
and then....low fat sharp cheddar cheese!!!  YUM
The recipe makes 8 servings at 300 calories each!!

I really hope my kids don't like it so I can have more leftovers :)

This...by the way...is what Morgan and Gabe were doing while I was making dinner...


Yes, that is blue eye shadow all over his face!!

Not sure if he was an alien...a smurf or just plain silly!

Thanks for looking! 
Love,
Bronwyn

Post shared on

No comments:

Post a Comment