Sunday, August 7, 2011

Gender Cake

A friend of the family is expecting...she had her sonogram and requested that they not tell her the gender of the baby but to write it down on a piece of paper.  Then my aunt asked me to make a cake and color the inside either blue or pink....according to what the paper said.

The paper said GIRL so I tinted the pound cake batter pink with icing coloring gel.....



While the cake baked I prepared the Marshmallow Fondant and then the following day I made some buttercream icing and covered the cake.....then covered it with fondant.  This is the finished product....




The cake was cut at a little party with family and friends and everyone learned the gender at the same time.

I thought this was an interesting and fun way to disclose the gender of the baby before the birth and am so tickled that I was able to make the cake for them. 

Thanks for looking!
Love,
Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment