Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cupcake Contest

So...Jelly Belly is having a cupcake contest!
Simply decorate a cupcake with Jelly Belly jelly beans and you can enter!!!

Also, you can play an instant win game daily....for FREE!!
I have been wanting to make a cupcake to submit for the contest but have been so busy I have neglected to do so......until today.

I bought the ginormous container of Jelly Belly jelly beans at Costco and tried not to eat them all before making my cupcakes.  (to do this, I left them in my car until I was ready to use them.....)
So, today I made some cupcakes...
I just made them from a box mix....good ole' Betty!
and then whipped up some buttercream icing...

And played with the jelly beans.....and ate a couple or a few....I lost count...
I loved the little blue ones, they reminded me of Robins eggs...so....


I made a little nest out of brown tinted fondant and Voila!

I also tried to make a little bunny.....

Not so happy with how he turned out but have to be honest and show my failures as well as successes.

And these little green jelly beans reminded me of mini watermelons....SO

I chopped one in half, colored the inside with edible ink markers and made a little Watermelon stand!

This is the one I decided to submit for the contest!

If you want to find out more about the contest, check out this Jelly Belly link!


oh yeah....Jake made one too....a self portrait!! :)  He is too young to enter though, you have to be 13 or older!  


And he needed one with Woody in it too....

Thanks for looking!
Love,
Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment